This might be a little late in the game, but HAPPY 2012 to my fellow readers and followers out there! I didn't want to start anything 2012 -related until I wrapped up the remaining loose ends of 2011 (i.e., my series of Best Ofs, the last year defined in meals, and The Blog-Shy of 2011). Now that all of it is squared away, I can finally begin embracing the upcoming adventures -- culinary, gastronomic, and the like -- with more focus and drive than I had last year. I'm always looking to improve what's happening here at Four Tines and a Napkin, and I hope I can grow a little more in the coming year.
So here are my token list of resolutions (more goals, really) that I hope to achieve (at least a little bit, if not entirely) for Four Tines in 2012:
- . . . journey to the other boroughs of New York City with a little more frequency, particularly Brooklyn.
- . . . write/blog/document more about cooking in the kitchen, especially with Table Convivale, the supper club that Lisa and I started -- just the two of us.
- . . . (related to above resolution/goal) use my beloved cookbooks more (aka, DON'T LET THEM COLLECT DUST)!
- . . . venture to more BYOBs (the wine pairing aspect can help with learning more about wine)!
- . . . take better photographs -- using resources like Plate to Pixel and Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (and, use Photoshop more effectively, LOL).
- . . . stay on top of blogging -- don't fall behind too much!
- . . . explore the restaurant/food scenes in Philadelphia, Boston, and DC with a visit or two!
- . . . check out more bars and speakeasies (despite the trend, I still love the idea of them)!
- . . . use Tumblr (the abridged Four Tines) as another way to share food-related things that interest me with you, friends, family, and other food enthusiasts!
And before I commence blogging for the year, I want to wish you once again . . . HAPPY 2012!